Sunday, March 24, 2013

For those of you who shared the same love for Relient K. Please be shocked that they are still touring, who knew? I feel this strange obligation to go to their show. My roommate brought up the fact that i should (somehow) get them to reinvent the picture i have with them from the show i went to when i was 14 or 15. Listening to them now is like re-visting my past of those awkward teenage stages. Funny thing i remember is that Trisha brought school books to the show..haha.

Strange thing happening to me is that i am eating like a horse these days, i ate 9 Scrambled eggs yesterday, what is happening? I feel like Gustav from Beauty and Beast, "Now that i'm grown i eat five dozen eggs". I used to be able to function on little meals and now i'm starved after only 30 minutes. Note to self if you suddenly are working out 5 times a week your appetite will increase drastically.

 I used to have the most amazing self control and i could stick to diets amazingly well for a teenager, especially with friends like Sarah Bausum. Im not sure how it all started but it ended with everyone but me eating bananas, cookies, bread who knows what else dipped in raw brownie batter. Later everyone was so ill and sick i was relieved i hadn't participated. Don't get me wrong i have participated in some funky eating escapades, like the time we pulled everything out of the fridge and dipped chips in it, and then later discussed out favorite combos. 

I was also absolutely sure i had struck gold with my idea of chocolate rice when i was around ten, only when i made it (with much applied pressure to my mother) i used bittersweet chocolate. Not such a good idea after all. Although now i do have this amazing idea for sticky rice made with coconut milk and homemade ginger sorbet on top. 

One of my main reason for becoming a chef is the way that food has the power to bring people together. There is a reason my favorite holiday is thanksgiving, its a way for all types of friends and families to have an entire day dedicated to food and drinking. I always had this image in my head of dinner parties every week with a small group of close friends, or making brunch on sundays with a cup of joe or bloody marys. My mother made dinner every night for us, and i never realized how powerful that was until i realized how uncommon it is. I loved that part of the day, everyone put away homework and turned off the TV and we came together over a meal. I think that is so rich, to map out time for each other and to make the effort. So thank you mom for being an amazing cook and passing that onto me.






1 comment:

  1. Love how you called him Gustav..
    .its actually Gaston. I still love you!

    ReplyDelete