Thursday, May 22, 2014

Back so Soon

Ive been thinking (a dangerous pastime) how easy it is (for me especially) to get bogged down in all the negative things in life and to just crave that normalcy. To constantly be comparing my life, my free time, my family, my vacation to other peoples- TO WHAT END? 

When will i actually be in a spot or time in my life where ill feel "normal"? 

Never.

Its not normal for people to be happy and content when society and the world are forcing materialism and an agenda down your throat, judging your parenting skills, your fashion choices, your life choices. Now if you have been fed this lie your whole life like me, you know its exhausting to keep up with people's expectations and its not always fulfilling in the way you thought it would be.

So I've decided to focus not on being 'normal', but instead focus on what makes me tick, things i love, things I'm good at, and to stop obsessing over my inability to sing and play guitar, or my acne scars, or my untoned thighs or not having enough friends. But instead (TRY) and enjoy life, enjoy where i am at this moment. Instead of begging God to change my circumstances, beg him to walk thru them with me, teaching, changing and making me more like him. (Now this is not going to be as easy as it sounds, and i dont promise not to complain about Columbia or my circumstances) 


No comments:

Post a Comment