Friday, July 1, 2016

Fear...NOT


I was listening to a sermon the other day about Elijah, when he prayed for God to appear when the whole city was worshipping false gods and how God showed up in a mighty way and fire came down from heaven. 

A spiritual high right?

But Then Elijah gets a message from Jezebel saying she is "going to kill him". Literally God showed up in this mighty way and then Elijah gets scared and runs for his life.

He was AFRAID and RAN for his life!

BUT the story goes on, God sends an angel to touch Elijah and to feed him. God is providing before Elijah even has time to process the fact that he needs food and drink. (amazing!!!) 

You know my favorite part about this though, the Angel doesn't immediately scold him for running, instead he is meeting his needs.

God cares more about meeting my needs than he does to scold me or point a finger at all my wrongs. I do that ALL on my own.

BUT Elijah then gets up and goes. (I always wonder what goes through their heads at this moment, is it relief, is it fear?) He doesn't drag his feet and wonder if it was the Lord that provided baked bread beside his head while he slept under a tree. No, he Arose and went!

I recently got an answer from the Lord on a very specific prayer and two hours later I got my answer. But my sinful, greedy heart really didn't like the answer I got. Do I really trust God with that area, or am I holding a tight closed fist towards God, asking for help but really only when its convenient for me. 

How long will I keep running like Elijah?





No comments:

Post a Comment